Corporate Prayer & Fasting
We are excited to inform you that our 21 day fast begins on January 6, 2020!
As we stand on one accord, Pastor Jordan has provided the following fasting options and our prayer focus. Fast options for our 21 day fast:
Prayer Agenda for 21 day fast
There are several types of fasting. The one you choose is between you and God. He will honor your BEST SACRIFICE. Your decision to fast should be done under the supervision of a doctor or medical professional if you have health concerns.
Option 1: Full Fast - Drink only liquids (you establish the number of days). I will be doing a full fast for 21 days. Please keep me lifted up in prayer.
If you can’t commit to a full fast consider the following:
Option 2: The Daniel Fast - Eat no meat, no sweets and no bread. Drink water and juice. Eat fruits and vegetables.
Option 3: Partial Fast - A partial fast is from 6:00 am to 3:00 pm or from sun up to sundown. You can select from three types of fasting — a Full Fast, Daniel Fast or give up at least one item of food.
Scripture references to memorize:
“Again I say to you that if two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask, it will be done for them by My Father in heaven. For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them.” Matthew 18:19-20
“And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.” Colossians 3:17
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
Daily Prayer List!
(1) Pray that God would deliver his people from depression and oppression, casting every burden and care on our savior, Jesus Christ.
Psalms 55:22 (NKJV) “Cast your burden on the LORD, And He shall sustain you; He shall never permit the righteous to be moved.”
(2) Pray that God break the yoke of Immorality and lasciviousness.
1 Corinthians 10:8 We should not commit sexual immorality, as some of them did—and in one day twenty-three thousand of them died.
Jesus called His disciples to resist the spirit of immorality (Matt. 5:27-30). He was not raising the standard of the Old Testament law but, explaining its original intention. In the seventh command, God was speaking of more than avoiding physical adultery, but also the spirit of immorality. The Pharisees taught that committing adultery only involved avoiding the physical act.
Matthew 5:27-30 You have heard that it was said to those of old, “You shall not commit adultery.” 28 But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart. 29 If your right eye causes you to sin, pluck it out...it is more profitable that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell. 30 If your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off...for it is more profitable...than for your whole body to be cast into hell.
(3) Pray that God would break the carnal man so that the spiritual man can come forth in power.
Romans 8:6-7 (NKJV) “For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be.”
(4) Pray that we take on the mind of Christ.
Philippians 2:5 (NKJV) “Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus.”
(5) Pray that God will pour out His Spirit upon His people.
Joel 2:28 (NKJV) "And it shall come to pass afterward That I will pour out My Spirit on all flesh; Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, Your old men shall dream dreams, Your young men shall see visions.”
(6) Pray that the love of God would fill our hearts.
Matthew 22:37 (NKJV) Jesus said to him, “You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.”
(7) Pray that God will transform us into the image of His SON (Jesus).
2 Corinthians 3:18 And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate (think about) the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.
Colossians 1:15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
(8) Pray that God's people are not led astray.
2 Corinthians 11:3 But I am afraid that just as Eve was deceived by the serpent’s cunning, your minds may somehow be led astray from your sincere and pure devotion to Christ.
(9) Pray that God would give us a heart for evangelism (non-believers coming to Jesus)
Acts 2:47 praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved.
(10) Pray that God will give his people a hunger for the Holy Spirit.
Luke 11:13 If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him.
(11) Pray that God would fill the house with the necessary resources to do ministry in excellence.
Philippians 4:19 And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of His glory in Christ Jesus.
(12) Pray that God would reveal himself to every believer. Greater levels of revelation.
Galatians 1:15-16 But when God, who set me apart from my mother’s womb and called me by his grace, was pleased 16to reveal his Son in me that I might preach him among the Gentiles, my immediate response was not to consult any human being.
(13) Pray that God would add faithful laborers.
Luke 10:2 He told them, “The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.”
(14) Pray for deliverance for those suffering any form of bondage, both human and demonic in origin.
Matthew 6:13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.
Colossians 2:15 And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross.
(15) Pray that the truth of the gospel will prevail over all lies and every deception will be uncovered.
John 8:32 Then you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.
(16) Pray that God's people wage war in the Spirit declaring the uncompromising truth of his word.
II Corinthians 10:3-6 (NKJV) “For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ, and being ready to punish all disobedience when your obedience is fulfilled.”
(17) Pray for the leadership team.
1 Timothy 2:1-2 I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people— 2for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness.
(18) Pray that the debt on this building (4152 Washington) will be completely eliminated.
Joshua 24:13 So I gave you a land on which you did not toil and cities you did not build; and you live in them and eat from vineyards and olive groves that you did not plant.
(19) Pray for financial increase for businesses represented at The Advancing Church.
Deuteronomy 8:18 But remember the Lord your God, for it is he who gives you the ability to produce wealth, and so confirms his covenant, which he swore to your ancestors, as it is today.
(20) Pray for generous giving to be commonplace at The Advancing Church.
Acts 4:34-35 …There were no needy persons among them. For from time to time those who owned land or houses sold them, brought the money from the sales 35and put it at the apostles’ feet, and it was distributed to anyone who had need.
(21) Pray that families and marriages will be restored to health.
Ephesians 4:2-3 Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace.
(22) Pray that God would deliver this city from the spirit of racism.
Acts of the Apostles 10:34-35 (NLT) Then Peter replied, “I see very clearly that God shows no favoritism. 35 In every nation he accepts those who fear him and do what is right.”
(23) Pray that God would deliver this city from the spirit of murder, strife and un-forgiveness.
Mark 10:19 (NLT)..... “You must not murder. You must not commit adultery. You must not steal. You must not testify falsely. You must not cheat anyone. Honor your father and mother.”
(24) Pray that those blinded in their minds will see and accept Jesus as their personal Lord and Savior.
2 Corinthians 4:4 The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.
(25) Pray that the weapons of the enemy will NOT prosper.
Isaiah 54:17 NKJV “No weapon formed against you shall prosper, And every tongue which rises against you in judgment You shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, And their righteousness is from Me,” Says the LORD.”
(26) Pray that the people of God will operate in their God given authority!
Luke 10:19 NKJV “Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you.”
(27) Pray that God's people will seek his kingdom first.
Matthew 6:33 NKJV “But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.”
(28) Pray that God's people walk in the power of his kingdom.
Colossians 1:13 (NKJV) “He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love,”
(29) Pray for agreement and unity in the house of God.
Matthew 18:19 (NKJV) “Again I say to you that if two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask, it will be done for them by My Father in heaven.”
(30) Pray that God's people will stand in faith.
Ephesians 6:10-12 (NKJV) “Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.”
(31) Pray for a passion to examine the scriptures.
Acts 17:11 Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.
(32) Pray that every believer imprisoned unjustly will be set free.
Acts 16:25-26 About midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the other prisoners were listening to them. 26 Suddenly there was such a violent earthquake that the foundations of the prison were shaken. At once all the prison doors flew open, and everyone’s chains came loose.